The Art of the Australian Insult


Never smoke while cleaning a lawnmower in your bedroom
August 26, 2008, 1:32 am
Filed under: Lifestyles | Tags: , ,

“A Mount Gambier woman has warned the community against smoking while cleaning lawnmowers in bedrooms.”

Opening sentence in a report on a woman who caused $5,000 worth of damage to her home after dropping a cigarette while cleaning a lawnmower in a spare bedroom. Lauren Goldsworthy was convicted of arson when she was eighteen but swears she did not start the fire deliberately this time.

The article is now being circulated around the world, leading to concern from this Mount Gambier resident who is mildly worried about the negative impact of the story on his town (but not so worried that he did not supply links to other reports on the story). 

Mount Gambier will forever more be associated with lawnmowers, bedrooms and cigarettes. And possibly melted vacuum cleaners too.

Advertisements

2 Comments so far
Leave a comment

Are People realy that board in Mount Gambier well yes they are i grew up there @ its a nice town just full of compleat idiots 2 in every 10 no 2 in 40 people are worth talking to the rest are just dick heads

Comment by Bobby bob

[…] – bookmarked by 5 members originally found by ueidea on 2008-12-13 Never smoke while cleaning a lawnmower in your bedroom […]

Pingback by Bookmarks about Lawnmower




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: